When a crash occurs in driftctl, we do not send any crash reports.
For debugging purposes, you can add
--error-reporting when running driftctl and crash data will be sent to us via Sentry.
Below is a list of data we retrieve when error reporting is enabled.
- date: Event date
- os name: Operating System (string, e.g. : "linux | mac | windows")
- architecture: Architecture of your CPU (string, e.g. : "amd64 | i389")
- num_cpu: Number of cores of your CPU (int, e.g. : 8)
- release: driftctl version (string, e.g. : "v0.2.2")
- server_name: Your computer hostname (string, e.g. : "yourhostname")
- runtime version: Golang version (string, e.g. : "go1.15.2")
- runtime infos: Variables go_maxprocs, go_numcgocalls, go_numroutines
- packages: Golang used packages and their versions
- stacktrace: The error stack
Below is a full example of a nil pointer crash report.
The RAW stack for this example is: